Saturday, April 11, 2009

Today was the last team run before Boston!



Well, this is it. Were on our own from here on out... Today, Lisa and I (pictured) ran our last 8 miles with Fitcorp - the last team run we'll do before Boston. I was so impressed with Lisa. She's come such a long way. When we started, we did 8 miles at about a minute slower per mile and she was in agony. She did this 10 min mile pace like we were taking a little stroll through Boston - piece of cake!

Since the 21 miler, we've been in the "taper" which is when you are supposed to do nothing new, nothing strenuous and gently reduce your weekly mileage and your effort. the idea is that as of the 21 miler, you're not getting any better... and you don't want to get any worse - ie injured!

For the past 5 months, we've been so lucky with the weather. (I know, you think I'm crazy.) Although it's been bone chillingly cold on some days, it's always been sunny. Today was the only day it rained. Luckily it was a light rain, and as Lisa pointed out, it gave the city a scent of "sea air" which reminded her of her Nan. She's running the marathon in her Nan's memory, and we think that her Nan's been helping to keep the weather good. Today's sea air was Nan saying hello.

Anyway, I've got a ton to do to get ready for Easter tomorrow. I'm having my first official family holiday with two of my mom's sisters and their families and a few friends and neighbors as well. It won't be as crazy as my old Thanksgivings at Furfax, (hopefully a little less wine-sodden), but hopefully I can recreate some of that great spirit that was always there.

And today, I'll be finishing off my marathon shirt. you'll all see what that means soon when I post a sneak peek here!

Love,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment