Friday, May 29, 2009

Kevin Brumett 11/29/77-5/28/09





Yesterday morning, my friend Kevin Brumett lost his battle with lung cancer at age 31.

I met Kevin last August, when we worked together on the Shine a Light on Lung Cancer Vigil Committee. When I met him, I couldn't believe that the picture of health and vitality and optimism before me was one year into an advanced lung cancer diagnosis.

He was truly the nicest guy you could meet, always putting others before himself and I can't begin to express my sadness at this senseless loss. Not that it should matter, but Kevin never smoked. He was athletic and healthy, fit and trim. He was your all-American guy and he got lung cancer at age 29.

His smile lit up every room he walked into. His presence was so strong, so powerful and so positive, I can still feel the warmth of his smile even now.

He is no longer fighting and is no longer with us in body, but his indomitable spirit will live on.

RIP, Kevin. We will miss you terribly. You will never, ever be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment